Kambi – Volikas – Milé
Spend 2 days in the Lefka Ori (White Mountains) and discover some of its hidden treasures. Our steps lead through rugged, alpine scenery with panoramic views on both days.
Explore the historical ice cave of Milé and experience the magic of spending an evening under the stars and a night in the remote Volikas mountain refuge!
- English-speaking host from pick-up (D1) to drop-off (D2)-(For pick-up/drop-off from your hotel, please contact us)
- Transfer of any luggage from Kambi-refuge (D1) and refuge-Kambi (D2)
- 1 overnight in Volikas refuge (mountain refuge: bunk beds, sheets, blankets, pillows provided)
- Cooked evening meal in Volikas refuge (D1)
- Breakfast and lunch in Volikas refuge (D2)
- Refuge host (D1+D2) + backup vehicle
- Breakfast (D1), Evening meal (D2)
- Personal expenses
Hiking time (approx): (D1) 4 hrs + stops | (D2) 7 hrs + stops
Altitude range (metres): (D1) 550 – 1350 | (D2) 1350 – 1750 – 1350 – 550
Transfer time: (D1) 1hr Chania (hotel)-Kambi | (D2) 1hr Kambi-Chania (hotel)
Please note: this hike is suitable for those who have reasonable experience and are used to walking on uneven terrain/rocks for the above length of time.
Walking on: path (earth and stones), dirt track, rocky path, rocks
Hikers carry: day backpack with day necessities (water, picnic lunch, personal belongings, etc)
Luggage: transferred to Volikas refuge (D1) + transferred back to Kambi or your hotel (D2).
Suitable for: anyone in good health who enjoys hiking, children over 14 yrs.
Don´t forget your: hiking boots (closed/sport shoes), sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, snack/fruit, camera, hiking poles (advisable), warmer clothes for the evening in the mountains.
Dates and prices
The “Kambi-Volikas-Milé” trip can be organised from April to October.
We do not have a fixed/weekly programme,
all trips are upon request and depend on availability.
For other months of the year, please contact us.
Contact us for an offer!
1 overnight in Volikas refuge
The unique ice cave of Milé
2 days in the Lefka Ori (White Moutnains)
Small groups (max.8-10 persons)